Friday, December 19, 2008

I got a goodie.

edit to add - holy cow what a great idea. it's not cold enough here right now, but for those of you who have cold weather look Icelace



The College Freshman called yesterday and said that I had a package. I love that phone call. Anyway, I got home and found my package on the island. A really pretty piece of fabric and a tissue wrapped package with a note. A confusing note.




Back in April of this year, Ann-Margret and I arranged a private color swap. I thrifted and made and assembled a package of red and green items for her.

One of the items that I found was a one of a kind - handmade table runner. I loved it. I bought it for the swap, I brought it home and washed it. I layed it across my table while I was assembling the package. I touched it. I love the feel of vintage linens. I packaged it up and sent it away to my friend.

I am stunned by the contents of the package yesterday.

See I have been regifted (return gifted?) with a vintage item that I adored. I immediately spread it across the table.


Love it --I loved it when I bought and I still do. I do not know how to thank you my friend. This was a total surprise and a very generous gift.

I wish all of you a very Merry Christmas. Have a wonderful weekend.

2 comments:

ellen said...

What a thoughtful gesture.
Have a wonderful weekend with your family.

Anonymous said...

I only caught up with this post tonight. Aww, I'm so glad you were pleased to get it back... I was a little afraid you might be offended. Yay me: good call! :D

*HUGS* Have a blessed Christmas!!!