Thursday, December 18, 2008

I didn't mean to go MIA

This has kind of been an unplanned blogging break. We have been short handed at work, with people using time they will lose unless they burn it. But I am back and have a few just for fun images to share with you.



A three ruffle crochet flower. Made from NORI hand dyed wool. This baby is large about the size of a dessert plate. I had a partial skein left and decided to try this pattern - love this. It was technically easy, but requires concentration. Definitely not a no-brain project. I'll be making more out of many different yarns. What will I make - not a clue - right now, I'll just be storing these to look pretty somewhere and pull them out to use later.

I have many many Nativity sets. My sister made this one for us one year as a Christmas gift. Natural wood with woodburned details. I like having this one for little ones to play with through the holidays. My girls had one just for that purpose when they were little and spent many an hour telling each other their simplified version of the Christmas story.
Note to self - find that old wood block nativity.
The Christmas tree and some fun details just so they are recorded.


We always tie our tree to the ceiling. Having had not just one tree fall over (twice this happened), we simply put a permanent hook in the ceiling where the tree goes. I occasionally have to explain, but the hook is hardly even noticed when the tree is there.
White lights for me - how about you? No blinking either.


God I love my floors - this one is painted dark blue - it was this color when we took up the overlay of plywood that somebody put down years ago. I left it just like we found it. The bare feet - those belong to the Softball Princess. It is December and these floors are not insulated - but not a problem this year - it was 66 degrees F here yesterday.
That base board - 11 inches worth of trim.


The College Freshman does have shoes on - but check out those pants. They were worn by the Softball Princess when she played 10U softball. Way too short but these tall skinny girls can still get in them. The College Freshman sleeps in these. Did I already say - I love my floors? That's a cheap discount store lace tablecloth hanging as my curtain.

Just because I know Grandmother likes them (shhh I do too) - here are some real shots of the monsters. They were singing some stupid song about a moose or a goose and juice - I was crocheting and taking pictures from my perch in the corner.


A little better view of the real tree. Cut down at the property I grew up on. Big tree, but Molly observed last night that it doesn't look as big as the ones we got when she was little. Perspective maybe - looking up on a great big tree with those little bitty eyes.
We had so much fun - all but The Man at My Address - he had to fight the boxes and the attic stairs.
Hope this finds you all having a grea day.







4 comments:

Carrie said...

Some of my favorite Christmas memories are of decorating the Christmas tree. I can't wait until the Bean is able to help me.

Lannae Johnson said...

Looks fantastic! When should we stop by for some Christmas cheer?

Anonymous said...

Love the flower-the floors-and the peek into your Christmas Season!

I hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shots of tree and the girls...we like!!! H & A