Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Current WIP

I have been working on FINALLY finishing the cowboy quilt. It kept getting pushed back because nobody in my circle was having a boy. We are finally due one and this will be his.


I finished all the hand quilting last night. Now all you "real" quilters, please don't be too critical of my stitches. I really like the look of rough and rustic hand stitching and that is what this is. The pattern came from one of my magazines when I finish the binding and give you the full photo, I'll share that information.
The fabric is "Happy Trails" featuring Roy Rogers and Dale Evans combined with a blue chambray sheeting that I had in my stuff. (Got lots more of this blue - seems like I bought 12 yards for like 10 dollars) The Gingham check on the binding is a stash fabric too. I don't have very much of it left at all.
A quick look at the back shows the stars that are quilted into the alternating blocks.
Tonight will find me trimming the batting and ironing and pinning the binding for that hand- stitching. Then, I'll wash it. I do not prewash my fabrics because I like that wonderfully puckered look that the quilts get when you don't prewash.
A quick funny - Local Best Friend refers to this as a "cover up quilt" as opposed to one of those "artsy fartsy things" that are my art quilts. I really should make him a cover up quilt soon.
Have a great day. Off to surprise the College Freshman. We have a delivery in that area and I am taking the material.


1 comment:

Tipper said...

Pretty little quilt!