Monday, November 24, 2008

WIP, homecoming, and something to look forward to.

First let me say - I had a good weekend. I got a space heater for the studio. Hope its enough to keep me somewhat warm. On Saturday, I rested, we had a fire in the heater and I got warm and I slept almost everytime I got still. True healing rest. The College Freshman was home bringing news of the possibility of an additional scholarship next year.

I crocheted two more of the thin neckwarmer style scarves - I am 99% sure one of them went back to school with her. Since she loved it and I can't find it anywhere. I'll be making lots of these for Christmas gifties. These will also be on the list for the Art Show table next year.

I also finished the cross stitch part of a wall hanging.


Loving this color scheme. The floss is a hand dye named wildfire and I love it. This will be a patchwork wall hanging for a bloggy friend. There will be brights and buttons included.


There will be sewing machine work on several items this week.



The mix CD that the Freshman brought me. All new music to me. One of the great things about joining a new group of people is that you are exposed to things that are totally new to you. She has expanded her musical interests so much. She and I are very very close, so she made me a studio/wine drinking/ mellow music mix. I love this. She nailed the mix perfectly. I like how she labeled the cd too.
She will be home for most of this week. Coming home Tuesday night and home til Sunday night. Everyone is so excited. We will be at Grandmother's on Thursday.
Now for the something to look forward to. Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland. I am not normally a huge Johnny Depp fan, but there are roles he is perfect for.
Mad Hatter is one of those perfection roles. Just look.



More about the film here -- Okay ya'll chime in - don't you think this steampunk bohemian victorian look is absolutely fabulous for him? Come on - you know you like it.
Now for one of the most beautiful youtube videos ever - go over ad visit Boho and boho Boy and Cedar (the new boho baby) Look at the video from Nov 23 post. Touched my heart. Sure it will touch yours too.
I hope this finds all of you having a fabulous day.


3 comments:

ellen said...

Wishing you and your beloved family a wonderful Thanksgiving..filled with thanks, goodness,love, appreciation, warmth and just some darned fun too.

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving enjoy being together

Roxie said...

Johnny Depp looks great in that picture. Looking forward to seeing "Alice".