Monday, November 03, 2008

Random bits

I have most of the boxes in the studio labeled with general terms. Floral embellishements - metal embellishments - scrap paper - buttons - jewelry findings - etc. Even with these categories there are those random things floating around so I have one box that is labeled "BITS AND BOBS" -- that is what this post is - a bits and bobs post.

The college freshman is a little better today. Some rest and comfort food (in her case white rice with butter) coupled with a dose of Nyquil seemed to start the process back to feeling better. I caught up the laundry and washed a few dishes, restocked the junk food stashes and just hung out yesterday. I called her this morning and she implied that she was better. She will be home tonight in order to vote in the morning before heading back to class around noon on Tuesday.

I am working on the ATC steadily. I stocked that red box with all the items from the inspiration pile. The idea was to use only items stocked in the box to complete the project. On Saturday - I hit the creative slump wall - I really wanted to adhere to my plan but others around me were encouraging me to go back and find something else for one corner of this one. I persevered and just kept fiddling with the stuff in the box. Here is what I came up with.


A little arched window looking opening - rayon floss and a silk ribbon rose. that I actually formed myself. I am very happy to have worked through the block. I have decided each ATC will have three of those little crochet flowers and that they will all be different and that I will only use items from the original packing of the box to complete them. By different - they could even just be the same pattern in different colorways. I do love the challenges created by limitations.

A random sunset shot - the color that night was the illustration of the phrase - "That Georgia sun was blood red and going down" Absolutely beautiful. The photo does this no justice at all.

Now that Trick or Treat season is over - sorry it is not a favorite holiday at my house - I can start getting little bits of Christmas going in the house.

My girl, JenB, sent this tiny box as on of the 12 days of Christmas packages last year. I put it out last night on the little drying rack in the living room. I adore the tiny simplicity of this.

Makes me happy just to look at it.
Hope this finds everyone healthy and happy - have a wonderful day.
PS - thanks for the well wishes for Molly.


3 comments:

Lannae Johnson said...

LOVE that arched window opening! Glad you added that touch.

Very Mary said...

I love the phrase "bits and bobs"! What a cute way to start my day! Thanks!

Very Mary said...

I love the phrase "bits and bobs"! What a cute way to start my day! Thanks!