Friday, November 21, 2008

Happy Friday (we have a winner)

The Queen herself wins the ATC left over from the presentation. No I do not need your address sweetie. I'll drop it in the mail tomorrow. The Man at my Address actually picked you my dear - he answered the phone this morning to a cryptic "pick a number between one and five." Then - thank you - and a dial tone. Sometimes I feel sorry for him.

Yesterday was one of those wasted days. I have been in the plumbing sales industry for some 20+ years. I know how bathtubs are made - but they did feed us well - and we got a wonderful goodie bag of bath oils and such in a great sized bag. I have tons of bags from various events, so it takes a lot to impress me, but this one will be used.

I got there early. We were signed up for the afternoon session and the morning session was still being conducted. I blipped out for a quick tour around the neighborhood and found my favorite kind of flea market/junk store. Crammed chok full of all kinds of stuff. Well priced. Dig for what you want. I only had a few minutes, but I recorded the location of this one to make a day trip after the holidays.



Bracelet Supplies - are these handles beautiful or what.


Bottles - tiny bottles - one orphaned salt shaker - this will be filled with glitter. I have a question though. How do I clean these? Some have labels I want to keep so soaking them is not a good option. All of these will be filled with eye candy and soldered into ornaments ALA Sally Jean's book.

That was the bright spot in my day. When I got home, I was so wiped out by the day and having been sick this week, that I simply ate some cereal and went to bed. I did sit in bed and crochet another of those chained scarves. College Freshman will be home tomorrow. It will be nice to spend some time with her. The house is going to get some attention as well. I have a medium sized mountain of clothes to be folded and put away. (think like that laundry ball in the detergent commercial).

I'm also going to try to get some things put away in MaggieGraceWorld. I still have no heat out there and it is cold here, so I'm not sure if that will happen.

Hope this finds everyone well - all next week, I'll be focusing on the blessings in my life as the Thanksgiving holiday approaches.

Have a great weekend.

3 comments:

Lannae Johnson said...

You will have some beautiful bracelets with your new finds! Hope you have a restful weekend. See you Sunday.

Carrie said...

Fun! Take me with you when you want to go thrifting down here!

have a good weekend!

Queenly Things said...

yay, me!! I hope this is the beginning a winning weekend. Thanks so much - to you and M.A.M.A.