Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Just Once ......



I was ahead of the game. Oh yea - I was ahead. That never happens, especially on trends. Look at the picture above - it is from the new Pottery Barn Kids catalog.

AN adorable kids bedroom.



I love the tree branch and the butterflies and OMG check out the owls. But look at what is on the bed, the quilt and then look at what I posted in - December06


To me this is so very cool - to be a trendsetter - can I pretend that Pottery Barn saw my MaggieGracePost and came up with this? I'm going to.

We watched the Softball Princess for two games last night, but still got home early enough to finish a couple of embellished compostition book journals. I'll be selling some of these locally and some will become gifts for the Holiday Season.

The first, features one of my crochet medallions and a favorite vintage sheet music strip. Those tiny stars over the angel trio are sequins and add just the right amount of glitz to this cover. This one was my favorite.

JenB - friend and inspiration has send a couple of small "just because" packages my way. One had a note on a wonderful ShimandSons notecard that looked like a hopscotch game. Jen had no idea how much I adore Sally's work, but I immediately knew that the card was to be used on a journal.

Very Mary had a giveaway several weeks ago of circles. Circles - punched out of fun papers. inspired by those circles, I combined the colors in the notecard, about an hour digging through the scrap paper box and punching circles that coordinated, and then some glue time and the new John Fogerty cd. (a must have people)

Here is the very fun journal I came up with. It's my new favorite.

I love how all the colors work together. I added a wire word from somewhere too. Again I was using what I had. Recycling at it's prettiest.

On the upcoming events news fronts - I have been asked to complete a presentation on ATC for the local embroidery guild. I'll be making kits for the few ladies attending and making each of them an ATC from me. This all happens on Nov 17. I have questions. Should I make the kit as a pattern and then give the supporting materials - or just include a few materials and encourage artistic freedom. The lovely lady who asked me to do this informed me that these are very traditional crafters and do not understand the sudden increase in mixed media artworks like ATC and art quilts. I will be taking my magazines and a notebook full of ATC to display. I would love to add some embroidered/quilted/stitched new ATC to the mix. If anyone is interest in swapping some with me -- please let me know. Leave a message in the comments or email me at teresahome@juno.com.

Thanks so much for everything- have a wonderful day.


















4 comments:

Anonymous said...

always like to do my own thing so I vote for artistic freedom.. have the stuff on hand and some examples and let them explore what they can make ... sounds like fun

Very Mary said...

Loving that journal!

Very Mary said...

I had to come back over just to look at all the prettiness in this post! ha!

jen v said...

hey you trendsetter you. the journal turned out ADORABLE!!!!!