Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Fall Roses ....

Look at the sidebar at the quote from Ellen - boy did that get my attention this morning. I'll be keeping that quote in the book to use again and again.


More like fall posies -Roses were too complicated to make a bunch of. These are the floral embellishments for the ATC project. Go back here to look at the inspiration for these. I am making 15 ATC so I crocheted 48 of these (6 in each of my colors). I'll be using three per ATC and I have randomly sorted them into a working tray.






I do love how they look all lined up. The colors are wonderful and I made them using that tiny yarn I got at a thrift store a year or so ago.


Right now I have artistic ADD. I have so many things I'm trying to complete for the year and I have made that commitment for the Art Show in 2009 - so I really want to get this list checked off. Then I can make my list for the art show.
Tonight will find me and the softball princess making an apron for her US history project. More on that as we progress.
In addition to completing these last night, I cleaned out the shoes part of my closet. I have found extra storage in the house because of clearing the creative goodies into the studio. Now I am taking the same care with putting things away in the house. Trying to make sure the storage areas are as easy to put things away as it is in the studio. (Maybe then I can approach some level of being domestic - one can HOPE right?)
This last picture is just for size comparison - 48 tiny little posies.
The pattern for these is a variation/combination of several that I have in my references. Chain stitch - slip stitch - single, half double, and double crochet. - 5 stitches - two rounds - easy enough for a beginner. If anyone would like a tutorial - I'll be happy to complete one. Please just let me know. I'm thinking a string of these in Manos Wildflower Yarn would make a beautiful scarf. (the mermaid #122 would be pretty too.) This is one of those wonderful motifs that can be adaptive depending on yarn choice - I like easy and adaptive.
I hope all of you are having a joy filled day.





2 comments:

ellen said...

Oh, my goodness, those little posies are so beautiful...a whole world in a little creation.
I have to tell you that I was taken aback by my comment and honored that you put it up here on your site.
I thought, "Did I really say that?" Yes, I think so, but was it the glass of wine (or two?)...and perhaps I had better check to see if I copied someone else. To my knowledge, I didn't "In vino veritas". It does reflect my sentiments.
Thanks, friend...e.

Tipper said...

Love the posies!