Thursday, October 23, 2008

The bounty of fall


I snipped several papery dry blooms of hydrangea off the bush at work yesterday. I love these when they are in full bloom and I love them when they dry. I have an idea for these on my dining table.
I also took a few sheets of pattern tissue - got lots of this around - and made a quick tissue flower. This one is a tiny bit too large for my liking but I am happy with how it turned out. I thought they would look great together and I was right.
Thank you all so much for the feed back on the bracelets and the angel. I am on the look out for silverplate and silver spoons and forks. I bought some Saturday for 1.00 each. I have orders locally for 10 bracelets so I will be drilling and polishing these to get the orders out.
I have been finding myself spending a few minutes every morning in the studio. Maybe just long enough for a quick picture for here. Some mornings I piddle and put a few things away. This morning found me pulling out more tissue for these flowers and bits of lace and old book pages for the idea in my brain. I really enjoy those few minutes before I go to my real world job. It sets the tone for knowing that after all is said and done, I can easily slip out there and have some time for me.
Ladies if a studio space is a dream for you, it is well worth the time and effort to make that a reality. My space is not at all fancy. It is not even completely finished. But it is usable and I cannot tell you how validating it is for me to have a dedicated space to work in.
I hope today is a wonderful day for you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the flowers-real and handmade. You are so right about taking a few minutes for yourself-makes all the difference in my outlook.

Anonymous said...

Love the dry hydrangea with pattern tissue bow. It's so good to have some alone time...a must for each of us. Ann A.