Tuesday, August 12, 2008

8-12-08


8-12-08
Originally uploaded by maggiegracecreates

i'll edit in a little while

eta -- whew two days from you know where. I spent Tuesday afternoon preparing an hour long presentation for a meeting. One of the presenters had a family emergency and I was called on to produce. Then that meeting lasted all day on Thursday with a 2 and 1/2 hour drive home. Back to my desk today.

I am also catching some grief because of the meeting. There are going to be some changes in behaviors here and Some people are acting like children. I cannot make them understand that we have to respect the signature on the paycheck - even if we don't agree with all the rules.

Grown men acting like children is so freakin' stupid to me and I have wasted no time letting them know how I feel about that issue. Been a tough day with lots of ill temperaments going on.

MaggieGrace has not seen the light of day through all this, but I will this weekend. 3 hours of gate duty tonight. Three games tomorrow and ALL DAY ball tournament Saturday. I will finish a boatload of those crochet tags. (50 of them will head to Sweden next week)

Molly called this morning. I was more than ready to hear her voice on the phone. She is having a blast. I quote.

"trying new things, meeting new people, figuring out a schedule and I ran into a boy I went to elementary school with."

Two or three a day practices are going to leave very little time for getting in trouble. The calculus, chemistry, english, religion schedule is demanding too. She is planning on coming home Saturday. All her new buddies are leaving campus for the weekend. She has an early practice - then she will head home.

I hope this finds all of you having a wonderful week.


2 comments:

Raesha D said...

I totally missed your birthday!!! I'm so sorry - but I hope it was great and here's a huge HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!! Hope you're doing well. I bet getting Molly off to school has been very emotional. You're in my prayers!

Darla said...

Sounds like a mental and emotional tornado hit your area. Work whiners are the worst.

50 - that WAS what you said wasn't it? 50 crocheted tags to Sweden? There must be a story in this somewhere.

Darla