Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Writing on the wall .....

I am painting some recycled shelves for the studio. Last night I saw this and had to get the camera and record it. I love to go into a home that has names and dates on a growth chart somewhere in the house. If it is in a public spot that makes me even more happy. Ours is on the trim of the kitchen porch.

This says Jonathan C. in childish script. It was on the front edge of the shelf I was priming. My sister's oldest child. I almost did not paint it.

Do you have this kind of thing at your house? Do you have a "permanent" growth chart anywhere? Is it just for family or do you include others? (Ours has friends and pets as well)

Have a wonderful day.

4 comments:

Roxanne said...

We have Sydney's growth chart on door frame to her closet. She loves to stand there and check to see if she's grown. This really reminds me of a dresser I have. My mom and dad gave it to me for my 12th birthday. It had been my great-grandmother's and my dad refinished it for me. One the side of one of the drawers my grandmother's name is written in a very childlike cursive. My dad was very careful to preserve it when he refinished the dresser. It is most definitely my most cherished piece of furniture.

Vallen said...

We had our childish footprints in cement. When my mom moved she had the piece of the cement moved with her. Twice.

Anonymous said...

My son's growth from age 7 is on the back of a door upstairs.. he is in Law School now.. so when I take the door with the new owners can sue me ... I got a lawyer.

Anonymous said...

Good words.