Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Listening .......

I am always interested in people's music choices. I have my favorites, but I am always open to new inspirations. I sing in the car - all kinds of music - oldies - hip hop - new age - blues - You name it - I probably like a song or two in the genre. My favorite CD's are mixed by friends using their favorites. This morning at my desk, I am listening to this young man. Damon Fowler is a blues guitarist - think John Lee Hooker meets Greg Allman. An incredibly talented young man who can play anything with strings. Damon was almost killed in an auto accident and had severe damage to his arm and shoulder - but has recovered and is touring again. I can't wait to see him this summer. (they will be playing near us the week of my birthday)



We first heard Damon's group play along with Pat Travers and Rick Derringer in Tampa. He was young - 23 maybe - playing alongside true guitar greats and I have to say that more than one audience member was impressed. Raw talent. He's got it. Passion for the medium - got that too.

For a treat - click on the link - go to the music tab and listen to 9 full length songs. Bet you become a fan too. Then come back here and let me know what you think. Also please share some of your favorites.

Have a wonderful day -

No comments: