Thursday, February 21, 2008

Good Morning - a view on my world

I know - I know - I am supposed to have a real shot of the leg warmers. Congratulations again to Lori for putting the clue together. Last night turned out ot be way more influenced by outside sources than I knew. Soccer game - teach at church - set up chairs - laundry - then the family needed me too. So the second leg warmer is not finished. (tonight it will be) then I'll be making Lori a set of tags.

As a pacifying post - I show you the view from my bedroom - bathroom - and kitchen window this morning. It would also be from the laundry room but I am too short to see out that window.



As the sun was coming up there was this gorgeous shade of soft orange and pink to the clouds. The picture does not do this any real justice. I grabbed the camera - no time for the tripod - and ran outside to try and capture the color. I used the top of the gas grill to set the camera on - this is the best shot of several I took.

Mind you - we live in the country and this scene is often populated by wildlife. Deer graze here without fear of the dog - we regularly see them at night and have seen them lying next to the dog pen. We have visits from possums (hideously ugly creaturesbut they love dog and cat food) . We have seen fox and coyote. The scrub we leave in this field serves as food and habitat for many birds.

I love living in the country. I love being just far enough away from town to really relax. While we live close to the road, traffic is not very heavy late at night - so no street noise to keep us awake. We do have all those brainwashed baptist neighbors around. (No malice intended in that statement people - Elizabeth has posted about those perceptions over at her place) Elizabeth - please do drop by to see me. And we still need to make a date for that dinner or coffee.

I love the fact that I know my neighbors. That I know its okay to leave Mickey a check under the bucket for cutting the grass. That I know who Linsey is when Mrs Sarah is talking about her granddaughter going to college. That I can leave the house unlocked and that the well pump man will check what he needs to and then lock it for me. That my kids are reasonably safe when they do stay home alone. (I say reasonably because with two teenage girls - the fight over a tshirt could be ugly) - I love my home.




Look at that - on the floor under my desk at work. A leaf that I brought in on my shoes. Look closely. What do you see????

Wait - I'll give you a better look......



I think this would qualify as a hug from the universe. It at least could be called a surprise heart. Or a hidden heart. It sure did brighten my day.

(yeah - I kept it. To put in my journal. You never know when a girl might need a reminder that a higher power cares about her)

Have a great Thursday.

2 comments:

Mrs. G. said...

I'm glad your having a beautiful and heart-filled day in your neck of the woods!

Darla said...

I don't blame you for loving the place you call home, it looks wonderful.

That heart is definately a message from the universe in my book.

Darla