Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Today ...

I looked back over the last few weeks posts. I have realized that the stresses in my life have now permeated this space. A slightly negative - and whiny - tone has appeared. Enough.

Today is about funny stories.
edited to add -

i pulled this link from the comments - get ready this rocks and rolls -- http://thecozblog.blogspot.com/2006/11/i-know-victorias-secret.html


While I am at it - take off over to While They Play - If you are a mother you will think this is funny. If you are the mother of a boy, you will think it really funny. If you have a comparative story, you may pee yourself.

Then take a stop over at Loving Her Beautiful and read about Prince Charming's visits to the dark underwearld. (that is a made up word but if you take the side trip you will understand)

I people am funny - there are stories about stupid things I have done that will NEVER see the light of day. Or a screen in the blogosphere. There are some that are really too funny not to share. I am not a small person (gross understatement) but at times have been told that I move with grace. This story is about one of the times I did not. We have a tiny kitchen - galley like - and had been somewhere that required the cooler. We alway use a rolling cooler. Came home - unpacked it - standard stuff. For some reason all four of us were in the kitchen (never happens) talking. The conversation was continuing and I decided to get comfy. So I proceeded to sit on the cooler - thinking it was still full of ice. The empty (and now lightweight) cooler immdiately popped a wheelie and dumped my rather large a*& into the tiny space between a cabinet and a chest by the door. No one could even ask if I was okay - they were all rolling in the floor laughing. As of right now - I have no idea what we were talking about prior to the dump.

Another one - my very first vehicle was a pink Datsun pickup truck. We lived at the bottom of a terraced hill. In cold or rainy weather - we would drive and park the truck at the top of the hill to wait for the bus - I only had a learner permit. One afternoon my baby sister and I decided that rather than turning around or backing down the driveway, we would cut down the hill across the terraces. This worked out wonderfully until we were almost to the bottom - at which point I managed to HANG the truck on the crown of the terrace with all four tires off the ground. Dad was not amused until later.

Here we go - this one is cute - and there are some who would find this funny. I sold MaryKay cosmetics for a brief time. (Sister in law was involved) The boxes would come in and I would unpack them. You all know I am a packrat - so there should be no surprise that I kept the packing peanuts in a large trash bag. Molly was a toddler, Abby a tiny baby, and Molly's friend Nicole thought she lived with us so she was at the house. I was busy with the baby and Molly and Cole were really quiet. Toddlers in a house + really quiet = disaster in the making. I found them in the kitchen - "snowing" with the packing peanuts. They had dumped the bag out and were tossing it and playing in the snow. I couldn't be mad when one of them explained they had to toss the snow because it would not make snowballs. But have you ever tried to sweep the tiny bits of statically charged packing peanuts. You just as well herd cats. I still vaccumed bits off the refrigerator coils this past weekend. Seems they never go away completely.

Come on folks share something funny - embarassing - etc. in the comments. I need a few laughs today.

Have a wonderful day.

4 comments:

Jana Nielson said...

OK! I have a great one for you!! Go to this blog;
http://thecozblog.blogspot.com/2006/11/i-know-victorias-secret.html
It is the funniest thing...I am serious here! Put on the depends now!

Very Mary said...

Once, when Miss C was about 2 and laying down for a nap on the living room floor, I was attempting to clean up a bit. When I came out of the kitchen, I found Miss C literally COVERED in vaseline from eyebrows to belly button to the spaces between toes. As I stood there looking at her with complete astonishment, well, that's when she opened the baby poweder.

Anonymous said...

What funny stories!
Hey, I tried to e-mail you my Christmas in Progress update for January and my e-mail was returned saying it was permanently undeliverable. Ack! What should I do?

Raesha D said...

Hmm....is it sad that I have so many stories that it's hard to choose which one to share? The most recent ones are(and stop me if I've told it before - I tend to do that) - Miss told me I'm still beautiful even though I'm fat. And a nutrisystem commercial came on one night and Miss S said "you should try that mom, then you can get skwinny".
Or how about when I was away at girl's camp and started my period for the very first time!! Or when I peed my pants playing volleyball at that same girls camp a year later.