Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Finished Items

Good morning friends. I'll start by apologizing to MaryAnn . No we didn't schedule a proper dinner in Marietta. I just knew we would get to talking and laughing and etc. Sleep was important to both of us - so time was of the essence. LOL - Love you though.

There are some things that are really bothering me this morning. One thing is the bookcase and floor on my side of the bed. I'm attacking that tonight. Yes - there will be confessional photos of disgrace. The cold weather is preventing painting in the studio and dammit - I am ready for that to be a workable space. There were also 4 empty bottles of shampoo and one empty antiperspirant container in the shower and bathroom this morning. Along with a flat toothpaste tube. Time for a little domestic duty to occur. Like a lot of my creative friends - I ain't really all that domestic.

I would much rather focus on things like this.......



One baby blanket finished and availble for sale. It is 38 inches by 33 inches approximately. 100% acrylic yarn. Machine washable on cold and tumble dry on low. I am calling this baby bright confetti. This one is available for $30.00 US including the domestic shipping. (I'll be using USPS first class mail) Email me if you are interested --- teresahome@juno.com.

Obviously things aren't bothering me enough to get me out of my chair. I made three little beanies since Sunday.


The tweed one and the little blue one have homes already. But the creamy one (infant sized) is available. for $8.00US including the shipping. It is again 100% acrylic and is a combination of two yarns held as one. The background is creamy yellow baby yarn (almost white) and the color is an incredibly soft, fuzzy, novelty yarn. This one should be hand washed in cold water. The fuzzy yarn and process of stitching makes this hat have the softest lining. Again email me if interested --- teresahome@juno.com.

I saw a tiny hat yesterday with the scalloped edge and fell head over heels. Had to figure that out. I dug out my trusty needlework book and studied all the instructions to figure out how to accomplish this. It really is easy peasy to do. There will be more of these hats to come. Great stash busters and seems that I have a ton of "STASH".

The man was amused at the comments over the chainsaw in the kitchen. These are the kinds of things NOBODY tells you when you are considering marriage. Kinda like the things NOBODY tells you when you become a parent. Seems there is some unspoken law against full disclosure until you are already in there.

Tiny bit of update - post surgery - I am so happy that I went ahead with this. I feel so much better physically. At 10 weeks I am almost back into all my regular clothes - late afternoon swelling is becoming almost non-existant. I have more energy and fewer mood swings (which I think is directly associated with taking no drugs) - Absolutely thrilled with the outcome.

I am hoping you all have a wonderful day.

5 comments:

Elizabeth Prata said...

Your blanket and the hats are just beautiful! You are so talented.

Mrs. G. said...

I am so happy that you are feeling better.

Your blanket is beautiful. I wish I knew someone who has pregnant. And I think those fuzzy little hats are the best.

Have a great day!

Darla said...

Those fuzzy little hats are just too cute.

Glad you are feeling better. Before long it will be warm enough for you to use the studio. Then I expect you'll feel Really Better!

Darla

Loving Her Beautiful said...

Teresa,
I can’t think of a nicer one-word comment than yours! I love reading your blog posts. They’re a blast!
Blessings,
BILL

Very Mary said...

I am also feeling your decluttering pain. The attic is coming along nicely, and the purging is very fun!