Monday, January 07, 2008

Christmas 2007 - it's all over.

All the decorations are off the tree. Remember - this is only a small portion of what I actually own. Abby had ball ALL day Saturday and Molly was home alone. Instead of having to fight off the bad guys, she took all the stuff off the tree. It's all waiting to go to the attic tonight and we will box it up nicely before that happens. There will be pictures tomorrow of what that actually means. The attic is an absolute disaster.

About the picture below - there is no "theme" to our tree unless you consider eclectic variety a theme. We use ornaments that have been given to us. That we have purchased 'just cause we liked them'. Or ones that we made. Always the tiny white lights and always those cheap silver icicles.(Which I take back off the tree and save year to year. ) You can tell Molly took the tree apart, because everything is ready to be packed up - I would have made a big pile and then bitched my way through the process.

This Christmas was one of the most relaxed ones we have had in years. Money was stressful, but the actual event days were very relaxed. I hope next year will be the same way. the CIP group was helpful for me in getting ready and I think as I expand on some planning things it will be again next Christmas.
As I said earlier - Abby had basketball all day Saturday in a gym almost an hour away. I took the baby blanket squares and worked on them, but I was also percolating an inspiration. So - on the way out the door - I grabbed a tiny hook - white bedspread cotton - and a red spool of 1 ply acrylic. While we were waiting for the game to start and then during breaks in the games - made these components. ....


I have no idea where he will eventually land. The front of a sweatshirt with some snowflake sequins? The end of a scarf? The front of a card? In a mixed media piece? The corner of a polar fleece blanket. I will say - he was quick and faily easy to make - so I could do multiples. Any ideas for improvement. As far as size goes, he is about the as tall as the length of my hand.

I have listed all the participants for CIP over there. There are links to goodies too, so please visit and then travel to those friends of mine.

And for a trip to one of the most touching blogs I ever visited - head over to LovingHerBeautiful . Sorry married ones - this may make you jealous - I'll be forcing someone to read this one.

Have a wonderful day.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is my first visit--I'm impressed by your creativity--the snowman is adorable. I like the idea of him hanging out on the end of a scarf.

Felicia said...

Aw, what a sweet snowman. I love trees with an odd assortment of sentimental ornaments. I still have one tree up that needs taking down. And the back porch is loaded with Christmas boxes.

Roxanne said...

Love the snowman, super cute! I just got back from the blog you linked to. holy crap, I am jealous! I'll be sending my husband to that link immediately!!

Vallen said...

You are so far ahead f me. The onaments are off and packed but that's as far as I got. Hopefully, this week,

Mrs. G. said...

He is darling. I vote for the end of a scarf. I love the contrast of warmth and snow.

Loving Her Beautiful said...

Hi, Maggie,
Thanks so much for visiting my blog – and for your breath-takingly kind comments both on my blog and on your own. Your words were a great encouragement to me. Your End of 2007 words were truly inspiring to me, as well. Thanks for your honesty – and good luck with the beer bottle training . . .
Blessings,
BILL