Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Twisted Humour, Teens, and Beer

Yup it's true. When you stop believing you get gifts like underwear or socks. So that's what has happened. Really - I would rather have practical gifts any day than those "special" things. You know - I got plywood for Mother's Day once and I was estatic. One year when we were flat broke - all I asked for was my porch swing to be painted red. I am actually pretty easy to buy for - and I happen to like patterned socks - so those will be okay as gifts. I got this picture in an email and thought I would share.

That covers twisted humour.

Now teens.

Thank you again JEN -

The packages are out of order. Missing number two. But numbers 3 , 4, and 5 showed up yesterday. I am impatient so I opened number three. It was a vintage fabric pendant. OMG it is wonderful. I had it open in my hand and was reading the note when the dang thing disappeared right before my eyes.


Seems this young lady is the jewelry thief. She is much taller than me and could see the necklace over my shoulder. Poof it was gone from my hand and hanging around her neck. Notice the number on her shirt. Mom is the coolest according to her. That is my senior shirt she has on. I dug it out of the cedar chest and she scarfed it up too. Yes she's rotten.

A close up of the new hit pendant. Loving this so much and I absolutely can't wait to wear it. Thanks again JEN - this is a wonderful surprise.
Thus ends the teens section of today's post.
And we begin the beer section. I am not a huge beer drinker. I prefer my alcohol in the tequila version. But the man at my address is a beer drinker and the woman at this address is a saver (that would be me) so there is a jar on the counter for bottle caps. (I keep tequila bottles and their corks too)
Anyway - I have an idea for little ornaments and this is the beginning of that idea. It meets the UWIH criteria too.

We'll see how it turns out. I did spray the budlight logo off the caps - spraypaint is a fabulous tool. Add it to my favorites list of craft materials.

And an embarassing confession - last night I went to the attic looking for some of my Christmas stuff. The man normally goes and I have not been up there in like forever. But I needed to find something so I went. I found a suitcase that at some point got put up there still packed. Contents - clothes I had forgotten about, a pair of shoes we have all looked for, diapers and formula. Abby is fourteen - so estimated time of storage - 13 years. Anybody else agree its time for a serious attic cleanup. As I was looking at the stuff - I spied a box that was labeled "crochet yarn". I have lots of yarn already and I thought to my self "surely I didn't bring a box of yarn up here." Well I did and now I have more yarn in the stash - really not more yarn in the stash since technically it was already there - but more that I am now aware of. Such is the discombobulated life that I lead. Have a laugh on me about the suitcase and share a funny story on yourself.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

7 comments:

Vallen said...

Oh I am so glad to hear that story. It happens to me all too often. Loving the countdown of days.

Unknown said...

The best things happened in '83. :)

Mrs. G. said...

I wouln't drink that formula if I were you. Still laughing.

Anonymous said...

I wish i would find something cool in my attic! did number 2 ever show up?

Elizabeth Prata said...

the plumbers are working downstairs. installing a new bathroom. Plumber comes up, 'please do not use the toilet for a few hours. Do not flush, I am disconnecting the pipe for a while.' I said OK.

A minute later I brush my teeth. I notice the water is draining slowly. I glug Drano down.

A minute after that knock, knock, KNOCK. 'Scuse, me are you using the water?'

Yes.

Oh, no, please don't do that. I disconnected the pipe.

Don't the toilet and the sink use a different pipe?

No, is the same. Now it's wet there.

Oh, no, I poured Drano down too.

So that is the bad smell I was smelling.
---------
oops...

Felicia said...

LOL That explains all the underwear and socks gifts :)

Very Mary said...

On my way to lunch a couple weeks ago. Popped in a piece of chewing gum. Chew chew CRUNCH. My entire tooth is now stuck IN the gum. The gum is IN my hand. The tooth IN the gum is IN my hand. It's Friday. No dentist until Monday. I heart my rotten freakin' teeth.