Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Not a creature was stirring.....

That's because she was asleep under the tree. Monster cat Junior never offered to bother the tree at all. She sniffed around and settled in on the fabric we used as a a tree skirt. She spent the days either laying here or snuggled in on the sofa with Abby. She splits time indoors and out - her outdoor time allowed her to have no-no goodies right off the table - so she doesn't mind being tossed out the door at all.

It is not an optical illusion - I really do have those huge baseboards - Somewhere between 11 and 12 inches.

Now meet - Ingrid (l), Myra (c), and Melvin (r) - all softie dolls from MaryAnn. She sells them through her Etsy store as well - butt cracks included - and they are adorable - Thanks my friend and thanks for the box of scraps - I have an idea for them but I won't share that today.

Way back in the early part of the year, I sent Gina over at LaBelle Ave. a box of scraps for a quilt. Well she sent an update letter and a box of goodies for me. Thank you Gina - this was a wonderful surprise. I especially love the Walnut stuffed pincushion.

Also in the mail goodies - this was what the postman delivered Friday - Molly was in the kitchen in her undies when the delivery happened. Yes you can laugh - we did. A lovely calendar from Roxanne - I have been contemplating a word a day project for myself and this is just the thing to record my words for each day. There is a pocket of pages on the back - so I'll have a way of keeping these all year. Loving this - it is beautiful and will be something I use everyday. My big calendar in the kitchen may be jealous since it just works without recognition and this one will be though of as fondly.
The final picture of this post - one of my favorite views this season. Across the dining room table to the tree, with just the tree lights lit. I sat here a lot over the 4 days I was home. I pondered how far I have come this year. I counted many blessings. I prayed many uplifting prayers for my family and others. I generally just enjoyed this view. The glass bowl of vintage aqua and teal ornaments on the table cost me nothing. The bowl was given to me by my sister - from her late MIL home and the ornaments were destined for the the trash when a friend from church moved.
It was a wonderful holiday season - I am a very blessed lady. I wish you the peace and joy I have felt. I hope you recognize and celebrate the blessings in you life as well.

I also have an updated post over at CIP today.

Happy Holidays - Teresa

4 comments:

Roxanne said...

I love the picture of your tree with the ornaments! Beautiful!! I am so glad you have big plans for the calendar! I hope you enjoy it!

Anonymous said...

Love the final picture of this post.....such beautiful warm relaxing Christmas lights, dish and ornaments. Ann A.

Felicia said...

Looks like a very Merry Christmas indeed :)

Very Mary said...

Happy Butt Cracks! I mean, Happy New Year! We're still playing catch up around these parts, and my parents are in for nearly 2 weeks. Tomorrow, more family Christmasing and then the big New Year's bash. Is it any wonder I take naps? Love you so!