Thursday, December 20, 2007

I am so close.......

edit - all systems go - the tissue they extracted was benign but abnormal and could have changed or grown back had we dealt with it differently. I have been released from the ability to use the pj's and I just had surgery excuses to be lazy. Full activity can resume. Apparently the doctor is not a MaggieGrace reader or he would know that I pretty much resumed full activity level about two weeks ago. Thank you everyone for prayer and positive thoughts. have a wonderful night. - teresa



To finishing what I need to make before Christmas. This pink and black beanie - then one more from the grey/black in the picture (fyi - bag from Vallen), a little bit of cross stitch for a pillow cover, finishing that same pillow cover, and I can call it done. There were others that I would like to have done - go over to the very first post on CIP. - but that is okay, there will be next year.

I will be keeping the CIP blog open next year and I'll still be posting over there as I have things Christmas related. I have so enjoyed the ladies who jumped in there and played along. I have to say, 2007 has been one of my most creative years. I have tried new things. I have stretched myself. My skills have improved. And - OMG - the inspiration that this community brings to us all.

Generosity - inspiration - encouragement - support - laughter - understanding - beauty. I have found all this and so much more at your blog homes. Of course - as in life - I have formed lasting realationships with some - I have simply visited with others. I love the leads to others links that you all have and as I have grown in this - I have become even more inspired for 2008. I also spend hours reading somedays. I do not want to lose track of any of you as you add to the posts in your worlds. All this is leading into a full blown endorsement for one of the handiest internet tools I have found. If you have not tried google reader - www.google.com/reader - you absolutely must. Easy to set up - easy to use - shows the pictures (a huge problem for the last blogroll I used and abandoned) and allows you to link out to either the post or the blog itself. A wonderful tool to use - of course it would be - powered by google and all. It even will point you to more blogs that fit your setup scheme. Amazing. Adding new blogs to you list is almost effortless as well - just copy and paste the address in the box.


I hope all of you have a wonderful holiday season - mine will be busy and fun filled - family gatherings - a few friends. Lot's of rest - maybe a few margaritas - then next week afterwards, I look forward to reflecting on the positives of 2007, forgiving myself and others for the negatives of 2007, and setting a few goals for 2008. One thing I have already decided is that there will be no body image resolutions for me at all - my goals will be about sharing blessings with others and the enjoying the journey along that path. I will ask for others support if I need it - without fear that they will think I am too needy- because helping someone and seeing results can give them the opportunity to receive some blessing as well.
My first blessing is for each of you - you are beautiful, just as you are. My first request - I go back - hopefully for my last followup check from my surgery this afternoon - the preliminary results from the tumour are fine - but I get the final results today and that old fear - WHAT IF - is hanging around - will you all help me send that fear away with positive thoughts and prayers?
Have a wonderful day - Merry Christmas.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Prayers that your final result this afternoon will be positive. May God bless you and yours. H & A.

Vallen said...

I'm glad you're feeling so energetic and it makes me so happy to see that that bag is something you use. Hugs to you.

Roxanne said...

My prayers are with you today...for peace and good news! Thanks so much for the CIP goodies, I do really hope you continue it next year. Let me know if I can help with it in any way. I know you put a ton of work in to it and I really appreciate it.

Mrs. G. said...

Merry Christmas, MG, I hope 2008 brings you peace, happiness and good health.

Elizabeth Prata said...

I sent up a prayer for you!! Thank you for your nice blog and your project photos

Very Mary said...

And me? I resolve to drink less before noon. HA HA! Love you and wish you all the best, but you already knew that!

Darla said...

Just read your edit and the good medical news. I'm so happy for your. One of those Christmas presents that you don't have to unwrap.. the very best kind.

Darla