Monday, December 03, 2007

I am the hat makin queen .....

(a dover printable image) just right click

You know how sometimes you get hooked on something. Well I am going to be just that through the next several days. Beanie hats - last count 18 - with several more to go. Friday night one of Abby's friend brought a yarn she liked and asked me to make one. I started that hat Friday after the ball game and then finished it during Saturday's ball game - delivered to one satisfied customer. I have at least 6 more to finish this week. As quick as I get still - I grab the stuff and start. Things are hectic - and driving that extra 25 minutes each way to moms and back - has added a tremendous amount of stress to life. This too shall pass - I'm sure. We are praying for significant rain. SOON.

I never turned on my computer at home this weekend. Too busy. I have no earthly idea where the camera is - probably a childs purse. Charles and I had a heated discussion on Saturday and he spent the weekend "hiding" in my barn - the result - lots of progress and it is almost ready for paint. I will soon be occupying MaggieGrace Studio and I am so excited about that.

I am breaking one of my rules though. In order to get our tree in, we have to rearrange a lot. Molly, Abby, and I will be moving a few things into the studio to make room for the tree. I know it isn't finished, but this won't impede the progress of the work. At some point this week, I'll be trying to whitewash the back wall, it may be the weekend before that happens.

Sunday brings the dress rehearsal for the play and there will be myriad parties starting to occur. Busy - busy - busy.

Yesterday was the first Sunday of advent. The topic and focus of this week is HOPE. What it is - what it means to me - what symbols of hope do I have around. 11 years ago - I was diagnosed with breast cancer. A single cell - clean margins - I just had a huge tumour removed - not cancer - but abnormal anyway. Both of those were major events in my life and yet they pale to what others suffer through. I have grown through this and become a stronger and more focused person. This has given me an understanding of challenges and a softness for people who are enduring a challenge. It has also allowed me to see hope - that nothing will overcome the love of my Lord in my life. Through everything I have experienced - He has been there - my strength. I have been shown that HOPE again and again. There is a new day dawning for everyone - grab it and live fully - powerfully - hopefully.

Have a wonderful day.

1 comment:

Very Mary said...

And I hope that Mr. Man gets his arse in gear on your studio! I sometimes think I could live in mine if I had a fridge and a bathroom.