Monday, December 10, 2007

Good Morning Monday

I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend. We were busy busy - and I don't see that changing between now and New Years. Basketball, volleyball, church, parties, Christmas shopping - and so it goes.

I have two capes to make for the program and some shoe covers. I also have a wee bit of painting to finish. It will get done - it always does.

This weekend was a good mail weekend. (JEN - still no infamous package #2) I have a new button bracelet - courtesy of the Queen herself. I also wish I knew how to get the finish that is on that tag.

The colors in this bracelet are stunning. Looks like ice cream to me. And the yarn is so soft and easy on the skin. Thank you my Queen - you are the bestest.

My weekend consisted of finishing the bottle cap collages - they are now all dry and I'll be putting those hanging loops on them tonight. (God I love my glue gun) The hanging loops will have a little surprise on them as well. You won't see that picture until they start arriving at their new homes. And since we had basketball - the ever handy bag (also a gift from the Queen) was by my side.

The stack of beanie hats continues to grow. I made three on Saturday - one more has to be finished this week. Then 5 or six next week - D*&^ that list just will not shrink. I love the yarn on this top one. Soft and bubbly and muted colors. Just bulky enough for southern winter weather - which really isn't all that cold.

I also opened giftie #5 from JEN. Just look - Sukie labels - I personally adore the hedgie one on the lower left. I'll be using some of these immediately on packages. No more of these packages have arrived yet, but I am watching my mailbox closely.

I had a question in a comment on the bottlecap post. The material I am using for these is called 3d Glass Finish - it is an All Night Media scrapbooking product from Plaid Industries. Comes in clear (what I used) Sepia (slightly yellow like an old photo) and Antique (brown and distressed) I bought mine at an outlet we had locally, but you can buy it online at http://www.plaidonline.com/ . I simply used multiple layers to give the effect of things embedded in resin or glass. Some of it bubbled and there are a few cracks through some of them, but that is the effect I wanted. For some of the caps, I stirred glitter into the finish. Works just fine. This stuff dries incredibly shiny and truly glass like. Love to work with it. It gives the effect of a 2 part resin, without the effort - and I am all about quick and easy when it comes to this kind of stuff.

I hope you all have a wonderful afternoon.

4 comments:

Vallen said...

It will look lovely on you my friend. The tag was made by Rosemary at livingasrosa. She sent it to me last year as part of a secret fairy swap.

Mrs. G. said...

Your, no doubt, well deserved gifts are lovely. I know the Queen's bracelet will look divine on your wrist.

Felicia said...

What lovely new treasures. That bracelet if very pretty!

Anonymous said...

love the vallen button bracelet>