Monday, December 17, 2007

Elf shoes and stuff

I promised a tutorial on these. Adjustable sized elf shoes. They actually were east once I figure out just to glue them to a pair of socks. Sorry about the really blurry pictures - late -- late night dark and tired. I can send patterns if you need them - cut two sides and one iron shaped mid section. (below)
I cut mine out of black felt - then blanket stitched the two sided around the toe - insert the middle and blanket stitch it in - it should look like this. Insert a sock covered foot and glue this around the sock using fabric glue.wrapping the excess length around the back of the foot. - the midsection can be drawn in after this and tied with a ribbon - they really were easy to make - and I'll use this pattern to make fairy shoes in the future. At 5 am Sunday morning - me and this companion (see below) were putting the finishing touches on costumes. This after a conversation with a friend of mine on Friday night. At 9pm my phone rang and Ernestine needed to use my sewing machine - hers was broken and they needed a couple of costumes for the little kids program. She came over and we visited while she sewed up her stuff.

There is no comfort for me in the discussion at all. She is 67 and all her kids are grown and gone - but there she is at my house at 11pm Friday night before the program sewing costumes. I am afraid this will be me.

One last look at costume accessories. The Potentate's hat/crown = I took the bill off a ball cap and glued this fabric over and around the hat part. The jewel is a candle jar lid w/rinestones and glitter. Please note that even with costuming a king and his page - twenty one kids - and creating a backdrop for the program - I have only used what I had and what was at the church - a real indication that I have too much stuff still.

I'll have pictures of the backdrop and my favorite set piece tomorrow..... I'll try to upgrade this information about the elf shoes as well.

Have a wonderful Monday ...

No comments: