Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Thank you Martha Stewart

I am sure most of the blog world is aware of the Martha Stewart line of craft products availble at Michaels. Let me jump on here and say - the variety is wonderful. The quality immpecabble. I have favorites of course. Let me just go ahead and say that if you want me to have a merry Christmas (a not so subtle hint for my girls) get me an assortment of her paper punches.

These are picture from the Sunday School Class making book of the Bible Signs.

I never set the punch down when I use it. But the way these are constructed is wonderful.

These kids are three and four years old. Manual dexterity is a challenge at this age. Not a problem. Lay the punch on its side so the child can see the leave opening. Slide your paper in completely filling the window.


Push with the "strong" hand (Walker's description of what he is doing) .


Watch multi-colored leaves pop out on the table. Note - boys will be boys and they eventually discover that they can chop tiny bits of paper using the punch. There will be a mess around said work area. Bought lesson.

The result of this exercise. Decorated Bible book cards. This is a beginning SS class so we start with learning the two parts of the Bible and then at least how to pronounce the names. They take these cards home and hopefully keep them for a while. For the rest of November we have will complete the New Testament books and make a banner using the letters from Allsorts downloads (see sidebar) that says "thanks" - then on Dec 1st we will kick off the Christmas story.

God - I love these kids. I love their enthusiam for learning new things. I love how breaking things down to their level gives me a clearer understanding. I love the questions they come up with. The world has not dealt them enough harshness to cloud their attitude. They are positive and receptive. Maybe that is why the Bible instructs us "and said, "Most certainly I tell you, unless you turn, and become as little children, you will in no way enter into the Kingdom of Heaven."Matthew 18:3
More MaggieGrace goodness tomorrow. Have a wonderful day.

2 comments:

Mrs. G. said...

MaggieGrace, I always leave this blog feeling better. And I luurve Martha Stewart...just found out the other day that she had a new line of crafting materials. I hear her glitter is fabulous.

Felicia said...

Every time I walk into Michaels I try to avoid her paper products. I'm so afraid I'll get sucked in and buy out the store! I almost couldn't resist when I saw some of her Halloween papers on sale.