Sunday, November 18, 2007

Sunday Night

It has been a good day. Off to a rocky start - seems the man at my address did not understand the phrase "I'm getting up to get ready for church, it will take me a little longer today." See in my interpretation that meant I wanted to go to church. It meant I felt good enough to go to church. The part I failed to clear up - I can't drive yet so he had to drive me to church. So at 8:30 when we need to leave, I find him still snoozing under the covers. I am tired, ever so slightly frustrated, and feel incredible burdonsome and underappreciated. Needless to say, the devil showed up early at my house and the fight he brought was ugly and tearful. But every thing improved afterwards.

I tried to add a picture, but dial up just will not cooperate. Today has brought more energy and productivity. That feels better. I will be alone tomorrow, seems everyone thinks I can be trusted to do as I should. The only plan I have is to try and sweep the front porch. I have been awake most of the day so I should sleep.

A few details of the surgery - no stitches - I have been superglued shut. The pain feels like I did a few hundred too many situps. Late afternoon leaves me looking several months pregnant (a look that I didn't carry well even when I was pregnant.) I have taken percocet at night but only for the bliss of the sleepy feeling. Motrin handles the pain just fine. And damn my belly button itches. The leftover gas from the surgery process feels like an alien may erupt at anytime - and since it is trapped in non-exit areas it just rumbles around.

I am working on CIP goodies. I have made three beannie hats. I would love to go sit in my favorite coffee shop and just enjoy watching people. Maybe Wednesday morning - doc said I could drive after a week. I feel much better than I expected, although I am taking Darla's advicve and staying in my jammies. Maybe I can eek out a few more days of pity.

Have a great evening.

3 comments:

Mrs. G. said...

Does that front porch really need to be swept? Don't you think you should just sprawl on the couch and watch an old movie? I am glad that you are home and feeling not horrible. Don't push it. All the work will still be there when you are up to it.

Elizabeth Prata said...

I'm so sorry about your gastric distress. Ouch.

I dunno if you know, of maybe dial up is your surfing choice, but recently the phone company increased its reach to include folks on our street for broadband.

Here's praying that you recover quickly and can drive soon!

Raesha D said...

I'm with Mrs G - don't sweep!!! And don't vacuum:) Those were on the no-no list for about 6 weeks post surgery for my mom and my BFF:) I wish I could fly over and watch a movie with you. Really, the longer you take it easy the faster you will heal, even though I know that is difficult to do being the mom of the family:)