Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Overheard at my house.....

The pictures have absolutely nothing to do with the post. They are just a few blurbs of fun storage at my house. This is a wire plant holder with screen wire mesh. I made it years and years ago. It sits in the bathroom and we store all of our earrings on it. Just makes it easy to keep up with them. All three of us girls use it. It is one of the few things we share. If you have sent earrings to me - look carefully you may see them here.

Back to the title of my post. Let me just share the kinds of conversations that go on at my house. Last night Abby had late practice. When she got home she was eating dinner on the sofa. Molly is sitting and working on homework. All of a sudden Molly gasps and makes the most disgusting of noises. Seems Abby had enlightened the atmosphere. This conversation follows.

Abby - I think something is wrong with me.

Molly - I think so too. That's awful - what do you think is wrong.

Abby - I don't know but my farts don't make noise.

Molly - Oh but they certainly make odor. Smells like something crawled up in you and died.

How can you have a bad night when this is the beginning of your evening together. I am raising such lovely young ladies. Teaching them wonderful life survival skills - right.

Still incredibly busy. one week and counting - I have pulled all of my folders out of the file and am going through them one more time, making last minute adjustments. I am quite sure I will miss something, but hopefully nothing major. Feeling the pressure of getting all this done.



One last picture. Both girls tie ribbons in their ponytails often. I have no idea where this little hanging basket came from. I also have no idea when or how it became the storage for these. The girls stick their ribbons through it and then we are not forever looking for a ribbon. They don't get crinkled and they are handy hanging by the sink in the bathroom. Seems lots of our morning activity is here - so we also write all of our notes on the mirror in eyeliner or lip liner. Right now there is a note that says "chicken check" on the glass. A reminder to mom to write that check for the school fundraiser.

So what fun ways you use for storage and reminders? Are there things that work for your family that are unconventional? (we are fully unconventional at my house) Does chaos abound or do you have smooth running machine? (We fall somewhere in between) Have any overheard conversations that are worthy to share?

In Maggie Grace goodness - I frogged an entire hunters vest orange hat and started over - I was using a crochet hook that was too small for the gauge - yes its loud - but maybe it will replace the fart noise without any odor.

Have a wonderful day.

3 comments:

Elizabeth Prata said...

I love the wire earring holder. Brilliant.

I live atop a tall garage, and the roof comes almost straight down. This means my usable space in all my closets only goes halfway up, the rest is too sharp an incline to hang anything. OR IS IT? I put in a spring loaded shower curtain in the high part where there is only 3 inches of deep space, and slid plastic bags onto the bar and then snapped the bar into place, and I store paper in them. It's like pockets on the top of my closet. FYI: if you see me and notice all my pant legs and dresses are wrinkled from the knee down, it's because the closet is short and they drag on the floor. And I never heard of an iron.

Mrs. G. said...

These earrings look like a sparkly piece of art all together on that screen.

Oh and those ladies you are raising sound like my kind of ladies...the funny kind.

Anonymous said...

sisters .. nothing like a sister to speak to the point and say her mind... earring storage is just like one I made.. took an old oval picture frame put screen in it.. holds so many earrings .. looks and works great..conversation wise after big bucks and lots of work had our house painted green.. husband sees finished paint job says house sure does look green in the sunshine.. me that is good since we had it painted green,, duh" take care