Monday, November 19, 2007

Happy Monday

Tried it with no pain meds last night. Did not sleep well, but not uncomfortable enough to get up and take something. Just restless. I got up and saw everyone off this morning. I am listening ladies, the front porch still needs sweeping. But the craft room looks a LOT better. I need the table space, so I have piddled around getting things put away.

I am sorting and labeling and stacking etc. I will be making butterflies later today and maybe some stamp work for Christmas goodies. Tally on beanie hats for yesterday - 3 - that's 1.50 in the UWIH money box.

I really don't feel bad at all today. It is a stunning fall day too. All the doors are open and I am enjoying the sounds of Mr. Tal blowing leaves and such. He is elderly and just gets outside and putters around. He and his wonderful wife have a beautiful home and yard - I hate how the drought has browned the grass. We bought our house from them - it was his childhood home - and we have made it our home as well.

I have had time to study these walls a lot in the last few days. Photo's of family - UGA and music memorabilia. My stuff - the girls' stuff - the man's stuff. All a hodgepodge of us. Bitty reminders of people shown in a print tray. The hole in the sofa where Molly sits. Magazines. Abby's tray alongside the couch where she lays to eat. A shabby (really) table from my Nanny's house. Various cover for each of us (seems we cover up even in the summer). We live here. We love here. We fight here. We survive here. This is no showplace - life is way too important to us to keep one of those. I see Abby's ball shoes from the sofa. I see Molly's college apps from here too. Charles coat hangs on the door of the tv cabinet. My crocheting piled in the middle of the sofa. All reminders of what I am thankful for this holiday. My girls are growing up with a Mom and a Dad. My girls are important to us. My family is - his family is. Friends are welcome and the true friends really know I am a slob.

Or am I? I really would rather spend time supporting my girls than dusting and cleaning. I see absolutely nothing wrong with that. Will they remember with more affection that the beds were always made or that one of us was at every ballgame. Will they pass on to their kids that school projects on the dining room table are more important than keeping a fresh centerpiece there?

Just some things I am pondering as I bring a little order to the space. Gotta run - the dining room table is almost clear.

Have a wonderful Monday.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Teresa, HAPPY MONDAY to you. What a gorgeous fall day!! Keep on keeping on....you will soon feel much better. Take care. Love, H & A

Mrs. G. said...

Hmm...clean sheets or mom cheering you on...I think this one is a no brainer. Glad you're feeling better. Stay off that damn porch.

Unknown said...

I'm glad you're feeling okay! Let me know if you need anything thing. Too bad I'm not still in Athens - I'd come and bring you a coffee... or a pop-tart. :) Love you!

Vallen said...

I am so happy to hear you feeling better. Give yourself time dear sweet one, time.

Vallen said...

What I forgot to add was that the medication is making you a little weepy. i finally took my mom off of it. Now that you aren't taking it life will seem less emotional. Hugs.

Felicia said...

Glad to hear things are going well for you! Yes, what a beautiful day it was today. And how wonderful to give your mind over to thoughts of life while you tidy your space :)