Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Flowers in the garden of my life....

When I had my lumpectomy, I felt so alone. I had friends. I had family. I had a church, but I was only minimally involved. My husband - as of today - has never spoken to me using the word cancer and survivor. I felt alone and afraid. But I fought my way through all of it. Today this finds me a stronger person.



My faith is stronger. I "plugged into" the lifeline offered all of us through Christ and the fellowship of His family. I am personally stronger. Able to push away negative thoughts more effectively. My understanding of gratitude and blessings much broader. I have eliminated "deadwood" friends and brought into my circle a much more diverse group of people who think more along the lines I do. In other words I have grown.



I have grown to realize that I have no time for negative influences in my life. I am who I am and I want to be surrounded by those who love me for all that. I have no need for being brought down - actually I guard against that effect with every ounce of energy I can. In addition, I try my best to always look for reasons to be positive and grateful and to let everyone know that.



So today I am celebrating the flowers in my garden - by sending you a virtual bloom. You readers out there in the blogosphere are so important to me. The family and friends I am celebrating too. Here's your stunning beauty of a floral display.





I told local best friend this morning that I feel surrounded and supported by prayer and positive notes today. Since this is the way I communicate with my blog friends - I want to say thanks so much for your support, prayers, best wishes and encouragement. Not just about my surgery, but about so much I have shared here.

I leave you for the next few days in the hands of some guest bloggers. As I recover, there will be posts without pictures - it takes forever at home to load photos - but I'll be in and out and I'll be reading and checking in on you guys.

Take a look below at some of my biggest supporters. This is part of my extended family at Jones Chapel UMC.



Have a wonderful next few days.

Added after a phone call - please remember Ashlee Mealor. She is on Abby's softball team and was involved in a car accident last night. As of now she is at Scottish Rite hospital in Atlanta with a broken back - and PLEASE remind your teenage drivers that they are not immortal - that seatbelts are important - that speed is totally unnecessary - that being careful should be a way of life. This is the third accident in as many days involving friends of my children and my heart is broken for family and friends. to Pam and Don - I am praying for you and for Ash.

7 comments:

Mrs. G. said...

I will be thinking of you Maggie Grace...sending out all of my healing good thoughts.

One thing I already love about my forties is the confidence to say bullsh*t to bullsh*t. You are so right, we are not obligated to put up with energy drainers and negative folks.

And your husband, bless him. Men just aren't that great with illness...particulary when it involves the women they love.

Anonymous said...

Teresa, may God bless with a quick recovery. Remember to lean on Jesus as you persevere during this hard time. You will be fine in a few days. Take care and keep on keeping on. Talk to you soon. Love, H & A.

Vallen said...

We'll be here sending you our most healing thoughts and prayers. We love you as well you know.

Janice said...

I'll be thinking of you and checking back each day to see how you are coming along.

Roxanne said...

I'll be praying for a quick recovery for you! Take care!

Raesha D said...

Yes - I'll be sending prayers and loving thoughts to you tomorrow. You are definitely not alone - you have all of us and our Heavenly Father looking out for you. Get well soon.

Felicia said...

I'm sending positive thoughts your way. And to Ashlee's too.