Thursday, November 08, 2007

Buttons, beads, and pretties

Gonna start by saying thank you Elizabeth for that wonderful closet tale comment to yesterday's post. I don't iron either - toss most clothes in the dryer with a damp towel and they are good to go. Thank you Junking in Georgia - the green house story is just so male typical. And if you haven't met Mrs. G you really should -hilarity abounds - a personal favorite is hiding away the "machinery" for the party. Thank you all for reading - thank you each and every one for the comments. I had no idea what wonderful people I would meet here. Thank you all so much.


So Miss Vallen has a thing for buttons and stuff. MaryAnn has a thing for lots of stuff. There are other who have "things" they are drawn too. I love to look at the studio pictures and the pretty organized pool pictures over at FLICKR. Now the studio is beginning to resemble a habitable space and I am really thinking how darn much trouble it is going to be to move all my crap. I'll be sharing some of these dirty little collections over the next few days. It sure will be more fun to show them off when the studio is ready.

This is a shot of the top of the craft cabinet right now. Those horizontal bottles are my favorites - these are storing beads and buttons. Yes the green vase is full of buttons and yes it is the size that a dozen roses come in - this is only a small sampling of the button and bead stash too.

Add to it my mom just told me she has 6 gallons jars for me to go through at her house.

All of those lab bottles have been thrifted or found or bought at surplus auctions etc. There are tons of jars and odd containers. around - because that's one of my things.


A closeup of butterfly makings. Sitting on the kitchen counter. The big canister is full of those 1/2 marbles and more buttons in their jars. The box with the "t" on top is my UWIH money box.

I read something yesterday that I have been pondering - this is something I have struggled with for years and this quote centered it for me perfectly. The quote Expectations are premature disappointments. I have unrealistic expectations of myself (and others) at times. Mostly of myself. I have a hard time giving up control because I am sure that if I do, something will be screwed up. That is why getting ready for being gone is so stressful for me. I go over and over the folders. I make list after list. I'll copy the list I give the boss, just in case I need to remember something - or he calls me with a question. I cannot let go -- EVER. I know this is something I need to work on - so I'll try to relax and rest after the surgery.

I do have several things planned to take my mind off of work. There are some beanie caps, and a cross stitch piece for my aunt, one for my cousin, and hopefully some easy CIP work. I have the sofa ready to be my throne for the week. There are blankies and pillows awaiting. The laptop will be ready for blog reading - I have a hard time posting from home - still dial up. But I may align a couple of guest blogs. And if the connection cooperates I'll be here some. Also - my mom will be with me some.

Have a wonderful day.

3 comments:

Very Mary said...

How embarassing. Is my love of STUFF that obvious? :) Your surgery will be great, and you'll have some time to recover while being crafty. Just calm the hell down about work. he he

Vallen said...

Recovering on the couch with projects in hand? Sounds good to me.

Mrs. G. said...

Your blog is a joy, and I'm with my two buddies up top, pile up on that couch and take good care of yourself. While you are recovering, don't have any expectations and you will be pleased with anything you do.See ya later, gator.