Monday, October 15, 2007

Water

Water is a precious commodity here in the south right now. We are in the midst of a serious drought (the worst in 100 years) right now. Everyone is praying for rain.

But water is even more precious in my faith statement.

We are reborn in relation to God by the water of baptism.
Yesterday we baptized two young men in our early service -note blurred picture will protect the identity. These precious boys are the sons of friends.
This is important to me. I was dunked in the creek for my baptism as a teenager. I made a decision to follow Christ at that time. In the Methodist tradition, infants and young children are baptized at the decision of their parents. A part of the service involved committments to follow Christ as a family and to raise the family in Christ's teachings and with the faith assurance that being a child of God brings.

There is also a section of the service asking the church to commit to being a part of a new members life. To provide the teachings of God, leadership, prayer and service to that person.

It doesn't matter to me who is baptized, I always find myself remembering and recommitting personally my faith vows. And I always imagine hearing God say "this is my beloved child and I am well pleased."

Many prayers and best wishes to you Johnson family. You are a part of my faith family and I love you.

Now a really bad picture of the old fat mom and the well conditioned athlete. Hanging out on Saturday between games at a tournament. I am so glad we have been able to spend time together like this. I sure am gonna miss her when she takes off to college. Then the younger one has our undivided attention for a while.

I crocheted on and off all weekend. No WIP shots.

Have a wonderful day.






1 comment:

Vallen said...

I love seeing your face peeking from my computer screen. It just makes me beam.