Thursday, October 25, 2007

So my sister is already at it today ....

Opened the email early this morning and had one from my little sister. Mind you it's before coffee and she sends a thought for the day. The thought ....



Ever wonder why glue doesn't stick to the inside of the bottle?



She knows this will be in the back of my brain all day long. I hate it when she does this. Goes back to high school when we rode together and she would come up with the song of the day or the thought of the day or the word of the day. We would giggle and try to top each other with stupid thought or those songs that get stuck in your head. So every now and then we still do this to each other.



An absoultely useless bit of trivia - we each call the other Sister and our kids each call us Sister. Kinda confusing when we are all together.



I have a good feeling about the Christmas program. I have a wonderful cast and the crew is filling in. A church member has done the drawings for the backdrop and a freestanding piece. I can't wait to see what it all looks like painted and hanging. This play is really cute and funny.



I have been struggling with growing out my hair for many many months. I gave up yesterday. Had it all cut back off. It is amazing how different it looks. (Keep in mind my family has always said I do my hair for shock value) Short and a tad bit spikey. Even the girls agree it was a good decision. The lady waiting with me in the salon was amazed at the difference. Even the guys at work have had nothing negative to say. Some have even been incredibly complimentary. Next step a fun color job.

I spent last night cutting out inspiration photos and gluing them in my latest notebook. A way of organizing the pile of papers on the corner of the island. God I have so much to sort out and go through to get ready to set up in the barn. I have been studying blog posts and flickr pictures for ideas. I wish all this was moving on quicker than it is. I am getting impatient with the entire process. I know I will enjoy having the space just for me. If any of my family/friends are reading, this is a blatant request for Lowes gift cards for Christmas. I can buy my own booze this year.


More MaggieGrace goodies. There will be more of these as well. This was in the remake of the package for Lizzy. Again I used what I had. A thrifted frame, which I tend to buy even if I have no use for them. Some gridded hardware cloth. Spray paint and orange tulle to hang it (a touch of orange was one of the swap requirements). The hanger can be changed as needed. Cut the hardware cloth to fit. Hot glue it in the back of the frame. Spray paint the entire thing your favorite color. (yes, I keep both flat black and gloss black spray paint.) Knot your hanger in place. ( I have made many small versions of these with window screen wire to hang earrings on)

If you look closely you can see the hangars for notes etc. I made beaded drops on eye pins and attached them to the lobster claw clasps that I use for bracelets. The other end is attached to paper clips and a small binder clip for the little composition book. Simply clip the clasp to the grid and you have a quick note hanger. Magnets will hold against this wire backing too. I made several of the beaded hangers as part of the gift as well. I have a huge frame in the barn just waiting for this treatment to make a memo board for me. The picture in it was damaged so I bought it just for the frame.


I hope this post finds you all well. Tonight we buy the homecoming dress for the Senior. Have a wonderful day

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay! I love your hair short! You should dye it that super dark red color is was a long time ago. When it almost looked purple. God I wish my hair would hold red.

Mrs. G. said...

I like the way your sister thinks, and I have always wished I had one. Have fun shopping for the dress. You're going to have to post a picture.

Darla said...

Great use of "what you have" Teresa. I've seen the wire mesh used for earrings but this in the frame for bigger things is a new one for me.

Super!

Darla

Anonymous said...

things that become stuck in your brain are brain worms and they can drive crazy.... senior year goes by so quickly enjoy every minute ..soon a fat packet will come from a college or university you will send back much money and she will buy everything for her dorm room and head off to a wonderful future

Darlene said...

I LOVE hacking off my hair and have a reputaion and doing strange and gutsy things with it.

Hair gets boring to me and sometimes I just need a wild pick me up!

it scares my husband ;D (hee hee)

xOx darlene

Alicia said...

Teresa,
Many thanks for the inspirational tear sheets - I returned from a trip & found them in my mailbox amongst junk & bills! A nice treat. I'm loving the grey flannel bedding - so luxurious & sophisticated. And the walkway is breathtaking - living in Colorado I have quite a few amazing vistas for sure, but I'd love to have my own walkway/porch from which to take them in! Thanks again.

Best,
Alicia Dunn