Friday, October 26, 2007

Fun pluses to being an adult ....

No this is not an obscene post. This is just a fun celebration of pluses to being the adult in a house.

1. I can eat Hershey Kisses for breakfast and I don't have to ask for permission. (yes I did this morning.)

2. I can have a coke float to go with them if I choose. (same thing - great breakfast today)

3. I don't have to have permission to wear grungy clothes out in public. (will always run into the exboyfriend or the preachers wife when dressed like this - been there done that)

4. A well placed four letter word is completely acceptable (thus allowing me to completely let everyone know to - just staythe h#** away)

5. I can buy junk food along with the nutricious food I intend to feed the children (look for me in the grocery store - I got star crunch - milano cookies - and 10 bottles of coke ---- yup that's me)

6. "Because I said so" is a completely acceptable way to explain something or to end a discussion with anyone.

7. I can blow a vacation day for no reason at all (the best way is to get up and get dressed as if you are going to work - don't tell anyone you are staying home - then go back to step 1, 2 , and 3 for the remainder of the day - that way you can be alone without the other adult at your house deciding to stay home too- and a great time to accomplish #9)

8. You need no chaperone in the liquor store - If step 7 and 1,2, and 3 are not sufficiant for a relaxing day at home.

9. You can rearrange the furniture and nobody has to help (generally on the day off with the results being a broken toe on somebody cause they were not expecting the sofa to be there.)

10. You can tell your high school senior that she absolutely will not be wearing that dress to homecoming - then using #6 as the reason why. (the dress was cut down to here and up to there and gave way too much visual and physical access to body parts I prefer to stay covered if I know about it. - this teary discussion ended with me saying "one day you'll be the adult and you will fully understand.)

Yet another picture of Lizzy's swap goodies. The wall mask - decopage tissue - acrylic paint - spray glitter (of course) and a tiny strip of black rickrack.

Have a great weekend.



edit - 11 years ago today - the "c" word flew through the air and into my brain to live there forever. many of you are reading the most healing of the time here. i am diligently working towards losing all the fear. today i celebrate another new victorious year - and look at the plans for a different life starting 19 days from now - after my surgery i will be free of artificial hormone based drugs. hang on - we all just might enjoy this ride.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your 10! I can't believe you refused to get the homecoming dress. Do they really make them that revealing??? I'm old. :)

Yes, I'm staying with Madi at their house, but just during the week. She'll do sleepovers on the weekend while I do football/tailgating/dancing. Off the the grocery store for the cake stuff - wish me luck!

Elizabeth Prata said...

Hi there,

Nice day to do all 10! Hershey kisses for breakfast, yum.

I left a small bag of goodies at your side door this afternoon...pass them on if they don't suit. Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

congratulations on conquering the "c"--best wishes for your full recovery and losing the fear!
;-)