Tuesday, September 11, 2007

The postman knocked


edited to add this picture from Ellen's blog - with her permission of course. Thanks Ellen - glad you enjoyed these. Can't wait to see what the final result is.

REMEMBER - it has been 6 years since that horrible day when time seemd to stand still. I will be taking time to reflect and remember the heros of those days. I hope you will as well.




















An Angel from an angel. A cell phone charm that is so precious. This was a surprise litle envelope from the gift fairy. Thank you so much MaryAnn for everything you do. Thank for all of the encouragement. Thank you for being my friend.
















Meet Leonard. We named him last night. I really don't know why but he just looked like that name fit him. He is a giftie that I won in a drawing over at Lauren's place. She also included a wonderful pouch and buttons and some fabrics. This little softie is absolutely adorable. Thank you so much Lauren.





Also - take a side trip over to Ellen's place. She used my 8-23-07 tutorial for the Wagon Wheel blocks and made herself some. I am so excited that someone tried my very first tutorial. Her colors are fun too. I have 9-1/2 more to complete for my doll blanket. I'll be assembling it this weekend at a softball tournament. Thank goodness for Vallen's bag she sent me. I will arrange the squares on a piece of styrofoam - of course saved from the scraps of the studio project. Pin them in place and then sit and crochet them together. I can slide this piece into the bag and everything fits.





Speaking of bags - go take a look at rebecca's travel bag. I have posted about her work before and love it. She uses a vintage suitcase for her travel companion. Too cool. I do wonder however - if her kids and their friends think she is strange like mine do?





Well there is a huge travel adgenda in this post for you. I do hope you will take the side treks to see these ladies.





Have a wonderful day. Thanks again to the two ladies who gifted me. Love all of the goodies.

2 comments:

Vallen said...

You don't know the joy it brings me to know that bag is so useful to you. Thanks

Very Mary said...

By the way, it's an angel FOR an angel. Not from an angel. Although I should probably take all the compliments I can get these days now that I'm an old maid. ha!