Wednesday, September 05, 2007

My bags are packed......

I'm ready to go. So now you have the Leaving on a Jet Plane song stuck in your head for today. (personally I love the Armageddon soundtrack version)

Vallen - the queen of cool bags and other wonders - sent this bag to me for my birthday. It is phenomenal. Big enough to carry a baby quilt AND the crochet doll blanket kit. Pocket for my wallet and water and a snack or two. Thank you my lovely friend.

Here is the new bag - ready to go - double header tonight for Miss Abby. The first game will be in the late summer afternoon heat- that means those little crochet squares - I only like 15 finishing all that I need for this project. Then the second game will be into the evening - darker and with a slight hint of fall in the air - I will break out the cowboy quilt for that. After we get home, I have to iron and starch some vintage lace and get it packaged up. I also want to assemble the frame for my Sweet and Sinister swap partner's package.

Have you seen the trailer for the new Jodie Foster movie? I want to see this one. The Brave One opens soon and I want to be there.

I am busily preparing for several things at work. Several things at home. Most importantly I am preparing for the first Sunday of my new Sunday School toddler class. I will be using a simple book from my childhood as the teaching tool and then putting together activities and crafts to go with this. I will be teaching three and four year olds. I have taught this age group before and then all of a sudden we didn't have any kids in this bracket, but now we do and we will be starting this on Sunday, Sept 9th. Please remember us in your prayers.

I also have signed Molly up for the Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD) day of visitation. There is no way we can afford this school without some kind of divine intervention, but we are putting the plan into place in the event that happens. I absolutely cannot believe we are preparing for college. How can that tiny little thing they handed me just yesterday be getting ready for college? I am sure there will be a lot more traveling as we go through this process. I am terrified of the whole process of sending her to college. Maybe I could send her to live with MaryAnn and then she could chaperone and make sure she goes to class like she needs to. Molly is so responsible that part really doesn't worry me.

I hope this finds all of you happy and healthy. Have a wonderful day.

5 comments:

Vallen said...

Oh, I hope she can go to SCAD. I wish I had known about it when I was her age. There will be a way. There is always a way.
I might juts have to make one of thse bags for me. It does hold almost everything.

OldBagNewTricks said...

I so hope there is a way for Molly to go to SCAD -- hold a bake sale (a bunch of bake sales) put tin cans at golf courses (I'd say art supply stores, but we know where the real money resides.) If she pays some and you pay some and there are loans and oh, I hope she gets to go. Here we go -- Lets all make those fabulous Vallen bags and sell them ... somewhere. I'm crossing everything.

Jenny

Unknown said...

You know that's where Alli goes, right? She got a sweet scholarship based on her portfolio. They seem to be good about finding people $$$. There are a ton of independent scholarships you can apply for too.

Send her to Tech and I'll watch her. :)

Very Mary said...

Well, I'm not sure I'd make a good chaperone. Especially since I'm not always too keen on heading to class myself! ha! But, the room & board is free and I'll be one kick-ass English tutor.
As an aside, I was thinking about sitting through upcoming swim meets and then you popped into my brain. And I'm thinking that I need to pick up a hobby that's travel ready. Maybe embrodiery will be my thing!

Anonymous said...

What an awesome looking bag. I don't know when you're planning to go to Savannah but I just heard about a groovy craft show they're having down there in November called Mutation.