Thursday, September 06, 2007

color trends and a little game.

Thanks so much for all the support yesterday. I want to give my children every opportunity I can - it is just so very scary to think about the kind of money it is gonna take.

In my work I am privy to some of the best trend watchers in the world. The home industry has to be ahead of the curve because production retooling takes such an long time frame.

Yesterday, I received the '08 colormix information from a paint manufacturer. What I experience here - in my cyber home - is described over and over in the forecast.

I want to share a few of these quotes and inspirations with you.

Destination: Inspiration

Color is never static, but in todays supersonic, hyper-linked world, it's more fluid than ever, roaming freely across geographic borders and even defying time, thanks to the possibilites of retro.

I can look at images and inspiration all over the world before I have my breakfast.

Destination #1:Expand your Horizons supporting elements -- high gloss finishes, lace patterns, special effects - ..technology enhanced patterns and textures create additional layers of nuance.

Look at my flickr mosaic at the bottom - I see the texture - contrast - lace - rusty patina - I can see that so many are seeing the same things as they are reporting.

Destination #2: Around the World supporting elements -- a sense of individuality and self assurance to venture beyond the mainstream - the art of wood carving - luxurious textiles

Destination #3: No Place like Home supporting elements -- return to harmony, stability and practicality - atmospheric colors - whisper soft - the return of white - recycled materials - stamped sheet metals detailed images.

Destination #4: Pack Your Bags supporting elements -- escape - bleached out stone and wood - adventure - color blocking colors remind me of places I have traveled

Destination #5: A Fork in the Road supporting elements -- there is no single path - cross roads with divergent choices - less traveled paths. there are no rules - the fashion runways - woven furniture paired with upholstry - playful - simple geometric pattern - brightly colored chandeliers - smooth jazz - bebop

Now for the game - I am going to list the color names in some of these "destination" palettes. Someone in my comments to get them identified with the correct destination will receive a yard of vintage - cream colored rick rack from me. Be sure to leave you list of answers and your email address. I will look at the comments around 8:00 am on this friday and give you the right answers in tomorrow post. Hope you will play.

the color names are

iron ore

fountain

crabby apple

pink shadow

wood violet

feverish pink

quilt gold (it is a craft blog after all)

seven color names - see if you can identify as a destination 1- 5

see ya tomorrow - have fun.


My creation
Originally uploaded by maggiegracecreates

2 comments:

Very Mary said...

Good grief, that's the toughest challenge ever! I want to play, but it's too tough on my weenie brain.

maggiegracecreates said...

well since nobody bit on playing this one - maryann gets the goodies. Its her birthday anyway so - happy birthday girlie.