Tuesday, September 25, 2007

I have been crowned .....

I had a lovely surprise on the porch yesterday when I came home. A priority mail box from Nerissa. Back in the summer, I participated in the Crown and Tiara swap over at Holly Doodle Designs. My partner has had some health issues and was a little delayed in completing her swap to me. I am so glad she is doing better. Look at the crown that was in the package. Greens and creams and orange - all perfect colors for me. Loving this. I don't have a picture of all the lovelies she included with this but - there was a sceptor - a mini collage pack chok full of goodies - cards - bath salts - and so on. Even better, she included a soldered charm. A huge thank you to Nerissa for all the goodies.

After all that goodness, I was not ready for what my night would bring. Molly had to fill out Wendy's High School Heisman forms online. While she was doing that, we decided to tackle this...............

College propaganda. Lots and lots. She has been tucking it here and there for months. We drug it ALL into the living room and started dividing it into yes/no/maybe. Molly is an artist and I will tell you why she kept all this. (and why I agree with the idea) There is some serious collage material in these stacks. College brochures will give any advertising media a run for their money. There will be fodder for projects in this for a long time. These are well made on fabulous papers with incredible photography and graphic designs. I can see inspirations everywhere. All of the NO materials are being added to the cutting box that we all go to for various projects. (FYI - one of my favorite booklets was from the University of Chicago - the first 1/2 of the booklet was myths and legends of the Chicago area.)
I owe huge apologies to some of you who might be waiting for fun stuff from me. (like birthday gifts) I promise I will get caught back up. Life has attacked again. I also owe apologies to the CIP members - there has not been any fun mail - and I am not even gonna complete the dream list. I am so sorry.
The doll blanket did not place at the fair. Poorly displayed. It does not show well on a flat platform and my vintage bed was not allowed in the display. I will be building a new bed for the habitat auction. Oh well - you learn a tremendous amount from the judges forms. There was not a single negative comment on the construction or the design. Just that it could have been more effectively presented. Had I known that the vintage bed would not be allowed, I would have thrown together a foam core bed for the display - bought lesson. There will be more submitted materials in my future.
I do hope all of you have a wonderful day.


1 comment:

Nerissa Alford said...

Hi Teresa
I hope all is well with you. I'm so glad you like the crown & all the goodies. You are so wonderful for your patience with me.
I read you were having surgery & side effects of your medication. I'm keeping you in my thoughts.
Take care
Nerissa