Monday, September 17, 2007

Almost........



The doll blanket is almost finished. I completed the last square on Saturday afternoon - 50 of those little gems. Here is the way it looks as of 8 am today. I love the process of arranging the squares and moving them around to get it "just right." We were playing ball close to home on Saturday so after I finished the blocks, I cruised home and grabbed a styrofoam board. I pinned a piece of quilt batting over the board and then started arranging. Everyone around me got into the process as well, moving them around. I will more than likely finish this one tonight and add it back to the doll bed box so that I can finish up some other UFO's.

The weather in the area is incredible right now. Slightly crisper. Stunning mornings and very nice afternoons. The light at this time of year is beautiful too. We continue working on the studio - I popped in there Saturday afternoon and was struck again with how nice the lighting is going to be by the door and windows.

Busy and stressful week this week.
Monday - Abby softball game. Molly volleyball practice.
Tuesday - Molly volleyball game. Abby softball game.
Wednesday - Abby softball practice. Molly volleyball practice. Me - childrens program at church.
Thurday - Molly senior night volleyball game. Abby softball game
Friday - Molly and I trip to SCAD. Abby softball tournament.
Saturday Abby softball tournament. Molly and I tour the SCAD campus.
WOW.

Somewhere in there I have to hem some pants and catch up some ironing.

I do have a quote to share. I have been looking for a quote for someone special. When I found this - it was the one. Life changes are important. Every decision and event brings us a little farther along our journey. I have removed so many negative people from the list of those I hang out with. I have made choices for my mental health. I have become much more in tune with what my body and soul need. As a result, I am fully aware of the times I am "out of kilter." I am also aware of what sends me into that feeling. The last few months I have spent a lot of time in that arena and I hate being here. I know where I am off, and I have tried to address this with the persons I am struggling with, but it falls on deaf ears. Anyway, in studying and searching for words that someone dear to me needed, I found this.

Never return to ordinary. unknown

Amazing, I was looking for someone else and I found the words I needed to hear.

Have a wonderful day people.

1 comment:

Raesha D said...

What a wonderful quote...those four simple words brought tears to my eyes. My fear in life is to be "ordinary" and I've felt myself slipping back into that lately. Thanks for the reminder:)