Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Teresa Melanie Scogin Atkinson

MaryAnn tagged me - just for reading I suppose - here are the rules. Then look at the bottom and lets see who I tag.

Here are the rules: 1. You have to post these rules before you give the facts. 2. Players, must list one fact that is somehow relevant to your life for each letter of their middle name. If you don't have a middle name, use the middle name you would have liked to have had. 3. At the end of your blog-post, you need to choose one person for each letter of your middle name to tag.
My given middle name Melanie - I am good with that since it was gonna be Gail and for some reason I feel like Gail is way too old fashioned and proper for me. Although my nickname is highly inappropriate to almost everyone who hears it. "Mother Teresa" - I could never be compared to her, but thats what all of the girls friends call me. Anyway - here goes.
M - is for Magazine junkie - yup that's me. I will stand in the grocery store and whine because I already have all the current issues of my favorites. It would be kinda neat if they rotated the release dates so that I could maybe buy one or two a week instead of 6 at one time. I also will only buy some on the newstands because the post office may tear the cover.
E - is for Engineering. I have a degree in electronic engineering technology. Yes I know - engineers are pocket protector wearing geeks, but that's what I wanted to do. (loud rowdy party goer does not fit the profile) I worked in this field at one time testing control equipment for nuclear submarines - then I also was the one in charge of the testing require for an equipment makers UL listing. (take a look at your computer - the little UL stamp is a pain in the neck to have put on you stuff.)
L - is for late. Always running late. I will arrive at work at 8:02am. I always set my clocks ahead to help offset this problem, but then I just exercise my math skills learned in engineering school.
A - is for architecture. I love architectural details. those seemingly insignificant details that make for artful photographs. The door hardware. The gingerbread trims. We have the most fantastic old glass in our windows. Those kinds of details tell me more of the story of a building.
N- is for Natural. As in the way I try to function. Makeup is kept to a minimum. I rarely use a hairdryer. I prefer to wear cottons and linens in my clothes. Leather shoes. The second I come in the door, I lose the shoes. I love to camp. Slept in a tent on the ground on weekends until 2 weeks before Molly was born.
I - is for Inspired. By you. By my surroundings. By the internet. By magazines. By almost everything.
E - is for Energy. I am at my most energetic around 11:00 pm through 2:00 am. Drives everyone around me nuts. I drag out of the bed and function in the real world then force myself to bed right after the news at night. But IF I could have the dream world and make money enough for my family from my crafts, I would most like work every night and sleep in every morning.
there you go. 7 random facts inspired by my middle name.
Who do I need to tag?
I'm going with anyone who reads this and wants to play. I know that is not the rules - but everybody on my list of names that work has already played. Sorry.
Have a wonderful day.

2 comments:

Vallen said...

Merry, Enjoyable, Lovely, Awesome, Nice, Inspirational, Energetic - yep that's you.

Very Mary said...

That's my peak performance time, too! And L made me laugh a lot! And I hate camping. Mostly I hate being, smelling, or feeling like there might be dirt on me at any time. It's uber-girly. I know. And I also love architecture! And I think electrical engineers are hot - because pocket protectors? They SO go with nerdy English teacher glasses! Thanks for playing:) I love it!