Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Neither rain nor snow nor 100 degree temps

Isn't that the postal ad phrase?? I took Miss Molly to the doctor yesterday - she has a lower back strain. Take some anti inflammatory drugs - do some physical therapy - continue with chiropractor. Mom was exactly right in diagnosis and treatment. She can play as much as her back will allow. There will be no added danger for long term problems. Anyway - since the doctor is in my hometown and work is 30 minutes away - I took the remainder of the afternoon off.

I came home to this sitting beside the kitchen door..... (that is Jr the cat snoozing in the shadows of the big box)


A huge and "impersonal" box with a pale blue shipping label AND a smaller red box with some adirondack chairs pictured on the outside. Now I know who the big box is from, but the small box is a complete surprise. In we go...

The big box was my drawers- you know the ones that MaryAnn went back to get for me. I trusted her to know what to get me and man was I ever right. Two big ones that will hang on the wall in the studio and hold "IttyBitty" stuff. A medium one that as of right now has not been commissioned for a purpose. And my favorite - which I have no idea what I will do with - but it is still my favorite. There were also tiny lead types spelling my name - my girls' names - and the words hope and joy - and figure stamps including the coolest bird silhouette.

The small box - a Queenly treat. A multipocket bag - sturdy and in the coolest fabric combination. Perfect for my crafting travel pack - with room for the phone and wallet and keys. I am absolutely loving this one too. There was also an "Old Timey Songs" mixed cd (not pictured) because it as in the cd player immediately and this adorable little perpetual calendar she thrifted. (the little blue book) It was at some time given as a thank you for someone's service and it appears to have been made from handtyped little pages. Adorable. I will be copying some of these to use in my other works.

Thanks you my lovely friend - Vallen - this was a lovely surprise. Thanks MaryAnn for being willing to go out of your way to spoil me.



A close up picture of the smallest drawer. Also my favorite one. I have no idea what I will use this one for at all. But it certainly is cool. Each of these slots it about the width of my index finger.

Blip over to each of these ladies blog home - The inspiration they share is incredible. The friendship they have given me is such a priceless blessing. Love you both so much. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Have a wonderful day everyone.










2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What groovy mail. Love that bag!

Very Mary said...

How the heck did I miss this post? Of course, you're quite welcome! And thank you for the thank you note on the fashionable stationery that came in yesterday's mail!