Friday, July 27, 2007

Inspiration001


Inspiration001
Originally uploaded by Rebecca Sower

This is a Rebecca Sower image from flickr.
I have been a reader of her blog for quite some time as well. Out of Hand is the name of her blog. These little do wap ditties are her way of passing time on trips. Seems that most of us creative types have the need to always be working with our hands.

Even if I am the driver, my mind continually wanders through the creative process. The next project. The ideas (many not captured) flow freely. I do carry a notebook all the time and I try to record the ideas as I can. The notebooks are reflective of where I am, what I am reading and seeing. I can go back through them and still bring back the flood of memories from that day.

I leave tonight for a work trip - never mind the work part - I have the yarn for crochet washcloths - I have the tiny acrylic yarn for the doll blankets - I have the Noah's ark embroidery - and I have the Queen's stitching project - and I have some boxes and pages and glue to decopage some boxes for the studio. Will I finish all this - not even. But since I am ADDHD about my projects - flitting around and jumping from here to there - I will have plenty to choose from.

About the studio - we now have the door to hang and that will happen next week (maybe). Then more insulation.

I am trying to get enough stuff made up for a fall art/craft show in my small town. Hopefully this will happen and I can make a little cash from what I do. I washed some lace last night and hung it to dry. I will starch and iron it on Sunday night.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. My evenings, I do hope will be relaxing, with good food and conversation. I have a friend who will be there as well.

See ya Monday.

4 comments:

Darla said...

Have a good trip. I hope you accomplish a lot on your projects so you can show us what you did when you get home.

Darla

Very Mary said...

Enjoy some down time. REALLY.

Vallen said...

I can never get organized to have "take away" projects. You are a wonder!! Have a safe trip.

OldBagNewTricks said...

Take away projects is such a smart smart idea... now I need to plan trips to go with them. I LOVE those little button projects.... Quite Stylish.

Jenny