Thursday, April 05, 2007

Doodlebugs - become art


Here is the doodle sheet that I had on my desk from several days ago. I took it home and my girls "jumped" on it. Each of them added scribbles and filled in the blanks. Bold and colorful, it reminds me of the colors and pattern on Heather Bailey and Anna Maria Horner's blogs. It was a load of fun to get it this far.

So then we covered it up and shuffled it around and cut it into atc sized cards.


Check this out. Sorry its so dark and shadowed. I took this last night in the kitchen. Once I cut them, I spread them out and looked at them. Even I was amazed at how abstract and colorful these turned out. I studied them from every angle then dumped the "bling" out on the counter.



I added jewels, feathers, glitter, stickers. I allowed each one to determine its own embellishments. I do have favorites - the lower left one (do you see the bird?) - and the upper right one (blue glitter scrolls). All from the stash I already have.

I do hope these find happy homes. I had a great time embellishing these.

Have a wonderful day.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

These are really cool looking! I enjoy glitter - I enjoy pretty much anything sparkly (the more expensive the better :)

Miss you!

Kara said...

I love these and they were a fab idea, they have worked sooo well.
Kara
innocentcharmschats.blogspot.com

Natasha said...

Oh this idea turned out better then expected. I am not sure what I love more the pieces of the art of the whole!! Great job!!

Roxanne said...

Wow! Your ATCs turned out amazing! I can't believe that art came from just doodling! Nice work!!

carolyn said...

How fun that doodling is when it's cut up...it would be a fun community project at Girl Scout camp this summer.

kristin said...

LOVE what you did here. great idea!! and your ATCs turned out beautifully! have a great weekend xo

Anonymous said...

Pretty neat! :)

Nichole said...

Oh how gorgeous! I'm going to try this myself...though I don't know how much doodling one gal can do!

Jean said...

Love how your "doodling" turned out! They all look beautiful and so springy with all the bright colors.

Vallen said...

This is one of the best ideas ever. The cards turned out so beautiful.