Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Thanks for the pointer



This image is of an Anthropologie bag. Fresh off the latest season. In a comment yesterday, one of my friend pointed me in this direction because of my granny squares.

The cool thing. I have cotton and wool yarn scraps too. May have to try something like this out of the rug yarn I have.

If you have not been to see Black Apple lately - you should - her Ophelia painting is to die for. I love all of her work and her style is off the charts for cool.

Now - I have questions for all of you friends. I know MaryAnn has Paypal capabilities and many of you have etsy shops. Can anyone help me with how all this works??? As I plan this next level of creative designs - I am feeling a need for a sales outlet of some sort.

I am working on a few cross stitch designs of my own. Once the charts have been proofed, I will be making kits. That will be the first of the "for sale" items. My local shop will be using one of my designs as their freebie for the month in March. I will also post that design for anyone who reads this blog as a free goodie.

How many of us crafters wish we could earn our income doing this all day? I can't do that. But it is my hope that I can help pay for some of college education with extra income. I just need some guidance about where to start.

I hope you all have a great day.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Etsy isn't something I have entered into, but it seems pretty straightforward with very clear instructions. Kits sounds like a good thing, there aren't alot of those available.

Paypal is very safe, and well organized. i have had no porblems using it.

Roxanne said...

Glad I could help! I hope you get some good comments on how to sell your work...I've been curious myself.

Unknown said...

Teresa... it's a scary moment. I was definitely drooling over that bag the other day. I LOVE Anthropologie. :)

Vallen said...

I hope you make that bag. It's a beauty!! And I will watch with rapt attention your progress to craft business. It's somehting I have considered doing, too but don't know if I'm ready. Good luck my friend.

Sally said...

Maggie, I'm really taken with this cute bag! If you make one I'd love to see it - I might try myself...