Friday, December 15, 2006

I am so far behind

But I bought this for me last night. I had seen it all over blog world and kind of thought it might be fun. Now I can whole heartedly recommend that you head out immediately and purchase your copy if you haven't already.

Too cute - everything in this book is wonderful. The instructions are clear and there are clip art pages in the back too. Sally Jean's witty and whimsical style is easy and fun to read. My favorite item in the entire book - a display doll made from a wine glass. This will probably be the first project I try.

Christmas is fast approaching us and the stressful rush of it is creeping in. Personally I have tried to hold it off but I am not succeeding. The tree is decorated, but the village is not happening this year. We have many parties and other events to attend. And I am really struggling with the joint pain I am experiencing. The anti-inflammatory medicine is working but I am not improving rapidly. My hands are better, but the hips, knees, and one spot between my shoulder blades is very painful. I don't sit still very well at all - so the limits being put on my body are frustrating me.

Molly slept in this morning - Abby has just today for school and since Molly can now drive they may complete the shopping this weekend for me.

How do you get it all done? I feel stretched in every direction. From what I would love to get done. From not feeling well at all. From demands at work, at home, at church, by the children, by my extended family. I really just would love to spend a weekend sitting by the fire, having a long leisurely breakfast, quick lunch, nice dinner and glass of wine or two. Napping when I chose. Maybe taking a quick walk in the afternoon sun. Oh well - my name is Mommy and that is a luxury weekend that I really don't have.

Have a wonderful day.

2 comments:

Very Mary said...

OOOH! I just got this last week and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!

Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

This is a gem of a book!!