Friday, August 04, 2006

FRIDAY WIP - BABY BLANKET



Finally - I got the pictures to load.

Feedback please - this is a polar fleece baby blanket and all of the flowers are acrylic worsted weight yarn. So it is washable and dryable. I love polar fleece and acrylic yarn for that reason.

I got all these mixed yarn colors in a bag of scrap at a thrift store. I have had it for some time. The polar fleece is a dollar scrap from Hancock Fabrics.

I finished the flowers on Wednesday night and then scalloped the blanket ends last night. All of the flowers were randomly dropped into place and right now are just pinned.

This is for a shower at church - another baby girl.

What do you think of this layout? My reason for asking is that I have a ton more fleece and yarn so I was going to do more of these to sell. I could do just circles in blue and green for boys and then the pink, yellow, and some small print for girls. How much to sell it for? I am not looking for a get rich thing - just enough to support my crafting habits.

Help - honest feedback requested.

Have a beautiful day and a great weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi!
I'm back to check your blog again and you just keep the great posts coming! Do you know of any great websites that sell baby shower. I've seen a few good ones but I think www.diapergifts.com make the best I have seen. You have got a great blog and I will be back to check it out.

Leslie said...

I think it is adorable. Wonder how long it will take to stitch the flowers on the blanket? Being that it is for a baby I would think they would need to be pretty secure. I like the randon placement. Did you play with other placements of the flowers? How did it turn look.? Price???? $20.00 $25.00. I recently purchased a 20 by 20 car seat fleece blanket with a simple embroidery design on it. Two pieces were sewn together. I paid $25.00 and thought that was a reasonable amount.I always have a hard time decding how much something handmade should be priced. Maybe that is why I end up giving my stuff as gifts.