Monday, July 31, 2006

THE ROAD TO THE FINAL FOUR.


I am so proud of these girls. North Georgia Fury 12U ASA Nationals 4th place finishers. They played with grace, heart, soul, and the true competitive spirit that makes winners. These girls are a class act.

This is where I have been all week and weekend. Ridgeland, Mississippi for this national softball tournament. Our first really big tournament and what an experience. I won't discuss the negatives because that's not worth even going over (there were some but not many.) But we played ball in that MS heat for 5 days, and our girls left all they had on the field.

We had many laughs, a few tears, and lots of hard work to get here. Thank you FURY girls. Thank you FURY coaches. Thank you FURY families. Thank you FURY fans and supporters. This ride took everyone of us. This ride was stressful at times. This ride was rewarding always.

We left at 5:00 am Tuesday - we got back around 9:00 pm Sunday. A long week in 90+ temps at unbelievable humidity levels. Even the commercial dryers at the laundromat did not dry the clothes well. Forget make up - it immediately slid off your face. And sweaty clothes were the uniform of each day.

I will be posting stories all week, but I really wanted to let my blog world know how well the girls played. How proud I am of all of them. I really am glad I have had the opportunity to get to know each of them.

Fury families you are a genuine blessing in my life and in the lives of others.

Have a beautiful day.

No comments: